THAI BUDDHISM EXPERIENCE
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Gap Year
- Gap Year
Travellers will learn some of the teaching of Buddhism first-hand from a Thai monk and will stay within the temple grounds, learning meditation and chanting techniques.
The Thailand Buddhism experience allows you to learn about and experience the various practices of Thai Buddhism. You will have the opportunity to practice traditional meditation and chanting with local monks in an environment that is both peaceful and spiritual.
You will be given an introduction to Thai Buddhism in the form of a short documentary and you will have also have the chance to visit a Buddhist monastery where you will meet a highly respected monk. This monk will be happy to answer questions and can provide a real insight into his lifestyle, as well as into the traditions and rituals that are unique to Thailand’s branch of Buddhism.
Although this is an incredible experience where people can enjoy the Thai Buddhists’ way of life, it is important to keep some points in mind.
- Women are not allowed to stay close to monks or touch the monks so caution is advised.
- You cannot point your feet toward either the monks or the Buddha.
- Men and woman are not allowed to sleep together during their time at the temple and passionate contact is not allowed.
- You must be calm and quiet during and after meditation and chanting.
- Monks only eat once a day so will probably not have dinner on Wednesday.
Included in the price of an internship is:
- Airport pick up
- In country co ordinators
- 24/7 Support incase of emergencies
- Certificate of participation
Not included in the price:
- Travel Insurance