Employer: M&G plc
Wage: £402.15 Per Week
Hours: 35.00 Per Week
The Treasury & Investment Office (T&IO) within M&G plc have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and conscientious Apprentice who will be based in the M&G Investment Treasury side of the business. The M&G Investment Treasury team encompasses market facing dealing desks responsible for money markets, foreign exchange and securities lending.
The successful applicant will have a varied role working as part of an experienced and busy dealing team across many different financial products and will be involved for example with the daily cash management of investment portfolios, reconciliation, client liaison, project work and producing reports.
This apprenticeship will give the successful candidate a practical introduction to the management and operation of an investment firm, whilst providing early exposure to a range of business experiences. Due to the breadth of markets managed by the Treasury team this role will provide the successful candidate the unique chance to work with all areas of the business and across many different disciplines. This opportunity would suit a candidate who is confident with numbers and has a broad interest in a dealing type financial markets role.
About M&G plc
M&G plc is a leading savings and investments business which was formed in 2017 through the merger of Prudential plc’s UK and Europe savings and insurance operation and M&G Investments, its wholly owned international investment manager.
In March 2018, Prudential plc announced its intention to demerge the company with a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange. As an independent company, M&G plc has a single corporate identity and continues with two customer-facing brands; Prudential for savings and insurance customers in the UK and Europe and for asset management in South Africa and M&G Investments for asset management clients globally.
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
About the Treasury & Investment Office
The Treasury & Investment Office is responsible for delivery of investment services including asset and liability strategy, optimisation of risk and return and capital deployed. T&IO recommend and implement asset allocation of portfolios and oversee underlying investment managers.
About the Investments Treasury team
The Investments Treasury team are responsible for cash management, foreign exchange and securities lending across M&G plc. This includes management of cash mandates, order raising and execution of foreign exchange, and securities lending across equities and fixed assets.
As an Apprentice, you will use a variety of different investment applications, and you will become an integral part of the team. You will be fully trained and supported throughout your apprenticeship on how to use these applications whilst also developing your knowledge of the investment business.
Your role responsibilities will include:
- Providing assistance to the dealing team
- Cash positioning across investment portfolios
- Cash reconciliation and assisting with resolution and escalation
- Providing ad hoc support to the team where required
- Providing data extracts and reports where required
- Developing knowledge and application of the Investment platform
- Developing work relationships across operations
- Developing business relationships with fund managers
- Engaging with the broader T&IO and Investments business
The candidate should have a minimum of 2 A levels with good grades in Maths and English (A-C). Alternatively, they should have 2 years of work experience in an office or business environment