Train To Become an Airline Pilot
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- A Level Training Scheme
- Aviation & Aeronautics
- Shoreham-by-sea remove
Flying Time Aviation offer one of the most competitive and comprehensive course packages in the industry for Zero experience to frozen Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL).
Airline Pilot salaries start from £25,000 p/a for a First Officer. and can rise up to £130,000 p/a for a captain’s position at British Airways. This does take some time and you need to start by investing in a pilot training course.
The minimum qualification that a European airline would require from a prospective First Officer is a JAA Commercial Pilot Licence with a JAA Frozen ATPL. To achieve this various modules need to be completed. The European Licence can normally easily be converted to that of another country if required.
The ATPL would become un-frozen when the flight experience requirements are met. The experience would normally be achieved during employment as a first officer.
The modules are:
- Private Pilot Licence
- Night Qualification
- Airline Transport Pilot Licence Theory
- Hour Building
- Multi-Engine Commercial Pilot Licence
- Multi-Engine Instrument Rating
- Multi-Crew Cooperation Course
The duration of the whole course from zero experience is between 18 and 24 months.
The total cost for EU students is £45,450.00 inc vat and airport fees. If you require a Tier 4 Student Visa please see our Immigration Guidance for International Students for the course price including the visa administration costs. The price is based on completing the course in minimum hours and does not include CAA and Test fees.
Our zero to fATPL course has been designed to deliver the training required, in the most efficient and practical manner. This is achieved by using the most appropriate aircraft and simulators for the different stages in the course.
Our modern aircraft fleet is powered by Thielert engines which operate with FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) that ensures maximum fuel efficiency. The engines consume the more economical Jet fuel instead of the traditional and expensive AVGAS that is normally used on training aircraft. The cheaper Jet fuel, coupled with the high efficiency of the FADEC system, ensures lower operating costs. This enables us to provide our courses at very competitive rates.
In Europe the United Kingdom is normally the country that students would choose to do their training due to the following main reasons:
- The English language-The aviation language
- Challenging weather conditions
- Complex and congested airspace
- Great reputation gained through over 100 years of flying
- High standards required by the examining body
- One of the best aviation safety records in the world
- Greater chance of employment
With the above mentioned, the student knows that by experiencing the flight training in the United Kingdom he/she will be part of a group of pilots which are one of the most comprehensively trained in the world.
By choosing Flying Time Aviation as your training provider you will gain all the advantages that training in the UK offers, plus more.
Flying Time Aviation provides commercial flight training to the highest standards coupled with one of the most modern fleet of training aircraft in the world.
Our aircraft are maintained in accordance with stringent European regulations.
At Flying Time Aviation we pride ourselves on the following:
- We maintain our competitor edge by hard work
- Price; we offer one of the most cost effective ways of delivering flight training. This is enabled by applying strict operational procedures ensuring that our aircraft and simulators are utilized and operated in the most efficient ways
- Transparent pricing policy
- Multi- Lingual
- Great team of instructors and staff with valuable diverse experience
- Good instructor to students ratio
- Modern equipment and training facilities