The Trainee Accountant Apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in accountancy within a successful global insurance business, based in our modern Cheltenham town centre office.Every day will be varied, with the opportunity to gain on the job experience within a busy Accounts Payable, Treasury and Financial Reporting team of 10 people. There will be an opportunity to interact with all team members, to understand and learn what they do as part of our process and control documentation plans.You will play a key role in the team as you will be responsible for supporting the Financial Reporting Manager in their day to day running of the Treasury, Regulatory and Statutory reporting functions. This will include helping to prepare documents in Microsoft Office.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare journals and help create monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Help prepare the paperwork needed for investment and foreign exchange transactions
- Support the invoice raising and cashbook completion process each day
- Prepare bi-weekly cashflow forecast
- Run ad-hoc reports in Power-BI for the management team, including helping prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Help prepare annual financial statements for some subsidiary entities
- Document controls in MS Visio to help the Reporting Manager with process improvements, as part of the overall audit process
- Be part of a team that periodically produce reports to meet business demands
- Any other ad-hoc accounting requests from management to support timely and high quality financial reporting.
Get a great balance between working with us and spending time doing other things that make you happy.
- Take the time off you need
- we ask you to take at least 25 days holiday + bank holidays to clear your mind
- Planning a special trip? Our Holiday Buying Scheme gives you the option of an additional week off every year
- Cut out the hassle of buying your train ticket with our interest-free Season Ticket Loan
- Get to know your colleagues with our regular Sports & Social events
- Stay with us for 10 years and we'll give you a 4 week paid sabbatical to do exactly what you want
- Take part in our annual volunteering day to give something back to your community
Family comes first! Our range of benefits will help you manage your family commitments.
- To welcome your new baby we'll give you Enhanced Maternity or Adoption Leave and support you with a personalised one-to-one coaching programme
- Dads get the chance to spend those first few precious weeks with the new arrival with our Enhanced Paternity Leave
- For those family and caring emergencies you can take up to 5 days off with our Carer's Leave Programme plus additional time with the Parental Leave and Emergency Dependants Leave
- At the time when you need it most, you'll know we care as we support you through Bereavement Leave
Health and Wellbeing
Keep your body and mind healthy and plan for a secure financial future with our range of well-being benefits.
- Plan for the future with our workplace Pension Scheme
- Stay healthy and join our company Private Health Insurance Scheme
- Get confidential one-to-one counselling and advice through our Employee Assistance Programme
- Know that your loved ones will be financially secure with our Life Insurance Scheme
- Be reassured if you fall ill with our Income Protection Scheme
- Use our Digital GP App to skip the queues in your doctor's surgery
- Look after your oral health with our Dental Plan
- Have peace of mind with our Check 4 Cancer programme
- Get your next bike with our Cycle-To-Work scheme and park it in our bike friendly office in London
- Keep yourself fit with our health club subsidy and gym discounts.
Qualifications Required: A Levels or equivalent - Grades BBB or above / 120 UCAS points as well as good GCSE grades (or equivalent) including English at a grade B/5 or above