Employer: Mazars LLP
Wage: £346.13 Per Week
Hours: 37.50 Per Week
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and evolving specialist healthcare accounts team that provides an outstanding quality of service to clients. The Healthcare team offers great opportunities to liaise directly with clients, and to be part of a rapidly expanding team. The role of an accountant is to ensure accurate and timely preparation of clients financial data and provision of advice.
The role of an accountant is to ensure accurate and timely preparation of clients’ financial data and provision of advice. You will be the point of contact for your portfolio of clients, providing high quality advice on a quarterly basis and work with other teams to deliver an excellent client experience.
During your first year you will:
- Learn how to use accounting software and systems in order to maintain clients’ financial data.;
- Develop an understanding of financial statements and the nature of the clients’ business;
- Assist with preparation of partnership and personal tax computations and returns;
- Assist with preparation of year-end accounts including both partnership and sole trader accounts; and
- Co-ordinate with financial statements, tax, payroll and audit hubs to deliver client information as a whole.
During your second and third year you will:
- Manage your own client portfolio;
- Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers; and
- Have confident technical accounting knowledge which you can apply to more complex clients.
In your final year you will be expected to be able to take responsibility for the junior members of your team. You will train them and review their work.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
£18,000 per annum
Qualifications Required: Minimum of grade B in GCSE Maths and English; and
96 UCAS points or studying towards AAT