One of Scotland's largest and most successful motor groups with locations throughout the country across multiple divisions present successful applicants a vibrant environment, which will give them the opportunity to develop their skills and career via the Apprenticeship route.
You will work within our friendly team supporting our branches and its customers through the various administration services we provide.
What you will do:
- Help contribute towards the team's daily workload
- Process invoices, paperwork and customer details
- Liaise directly with customers providing a second to none level of service
- Maintain, create and change in our databases
- Be able to, maintain a high consistent quality of work
- Communicate in a confidential, professional and appropriate manner
- Continually develop your personal skills and knowledge
- Update, check, complete vehicles status
- Strong Communication skills -both verbal and written
- Ability to work well in a team as well as to own initiative
- Willingness to learn new things
- Strong numeracy skills
- Good attention to detail
- IT Skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages;word, excel.
- Good organisational &planning skills
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
Beneficial &Future Prospects
- Career development
- Higher salary upon completion of apprenticeship
QA' s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.