This role involves taking away the bookkeeping task from business owners by providing them with meaningful management information to help their business thrive. You’ll be making a massive difference to their business and they’ll love you for it.
The successful candidate will be provided with training to develop their accountancy knowledge and learn how to use various software solutions.
Assignments/projects: Bookkeeping and VAT returns for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders.Completion of European Community Sales List (ECSL).
Work towards certification in software solutions including Xero.
- Processing bookkeeping entries (e.g. invoices & bank transaction)Control account reconciliations
- Month-end adjustments
- Develop an understanding of the business of Russell & Russell and the role of an analyst in the company.
- Deal with one or more client assignments simultaneously and bring them to completion forreview by a senior accountant or director.
- Effectively document work.
- Identify project issues as well as project progress in a timely and organised manner.
- Build working relationships.
- Develop technical skills both on the job and through formal learning channels.
- Good attention to detail and computer skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Team player with a positive - 'can do’ approach.
- Monday to Friday
- 09:00 - 17:00
- GBP 4.35 Under 18
- GBP 6.15 18 & Over
- Annual performance bonus
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- 33 days holiday
Future Career Progression:
- Study support for ACCA qualification (or another qualification) after 3 years at Russell & Russell
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.