About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
You will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering the largest Smart Motorway Project on behalf of Highways England with a focus on the design and construction over 52km of highway and 12 number bridge replacements with all the associated works around these, while maintaining the traffic flow of over 130,000 vehicles a day through the project.
You will follow a training programme as part of our ICE-accredited programme, geared towards you achieving Incorporated Engineer status. Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based.
Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility in the dimensional control of projects, supervision of specialist contractors and the construction workforce and will take the lead for solving technical problems.
Throughout you will ensure compliance with our Health and Safety and Sustainability agenda and aspire to a site, Construction or Project Management career.
The following qualifications will be gained:
* BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
* Engineering Technician status and Technician Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
* Incorporated Engineer status and Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and people skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project. You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team.
Your responsibilities as a Trainee Civil Engineer include:
- Translating design information to construction teams so they can construct the schemes effectively and efficiently
- Managing productivity so that the schemes are completed on time
- Ensuring that schemes are completed to the specification and quality needed by the client
- Managing activity in a way that adheres to cost and contract constraints
- Ensuring that all schemes have minimal negative impact on the environment and community
- Providing advice and guidance to a variety of stakeholders
- Developing an understanding of construction skills, terminology and methodology
Who were looking for:
Minimum of five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths, English and Science, with a B in Maths
Minimum 2 A-levels, HNC or equivalent at grades A-C including Maths, Science or Engineering
Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test