Trainee Civil Engineer - UK Wide 2018
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in Central Scotland, Hinkley, Thames Tideway, Derby, Basingstoke, Cheadle/Manchester or Wokingham.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
You will follow a training programme as part of our ICE-accredited programme, geared towards you achieving Incorporated Engineer status. Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based.
Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility in the dimensional control of projects, supervision of specialist contractors and the construction workforce and will take the lead for solving technical problems.
Throughout you will ensure compliance with our Health and Safety and Sustainability agenda and aspire to a site, Construction or Project Management career.
The following qualifications will be gained:
* BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
* Engineering Technician status and Technician Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
* Incorporated Engineer status and Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and people skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project. You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team. You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry.
Your responsibilities as a Trainee Civil Engineer include:
- To ensure that safe systems of work are in place on site and that all staff adhere to them
- To translate design information to construction teams so they can construct the project effectively and efficiently
- To manage the productivity on the site so that the project is completed on time
- To ensure that the project is completed to the specification and quality needed by the client
- To manage the activity on site in a way that adheres to cost and contract constraints
- To ensure that the site has minimal negative impact on the environment and community
- To manage interfaces between stakeholders associated with the project
Develop an understanding of construction skills, terminology and methodology
Who we’re looking for:
Minimum of five GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths, English and Science, with a B in Maths
Minimum 2 A-levels, HNC or equivalent at grades A-C including Maths, Science or Engineering
Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.Application closed