Trainee Construction Manager North Scotland
Qualifications needed HNC/D Construction Management or Built Environment subject
Closing Date applications are open until 27th April 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the role:
We designed our Trainee Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth.
Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based. Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential. As the programme progresses you will have increased responsibility for the financial and legal management of construction projects.
Throughout you will ensure compliance with our Health and Safety and Sustainability agenda and aspire to a Site, Construction or Project Management career.
The following qualifications will be gained:
BSc (Hons) Construction Management
You will attend college and university on a day or block release basis
Your responsibilities as a Trainee Construction Manager include:
- Assisting with site documentation, quality records updating site diary on Autodesk BIM 360
- Organise construction drawings, compile photos and quality records required
- Assist Site Operations team with managing subcontractors, plant and machinery checks and other HSE monitoring
- Monitor and order levels of materials and equipment
- Assist with inspections and quality control
- Dealing with contracts, working with clients and attending meeting to keep the project on time and on budget
- Ensure that disputes are minimised and settled amicably for all parties
- Support the commercial success of a project for all stakeholders
We couldn't do what we do without good construction management. The teams at the centre of every single one of our world-shaping projects defining the scope, understanding the constraints, organising resources, and generally seeing that all the goals are met.
Who we're looking for
- Minimum 3 A-levels, HNC/D Construction Management or Built Environment subject
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test
- A full, clean UK driving licence
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
Salary & benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.