Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: £21,966 rising to 24,009 plus free rail travel
Working Hours: 35
Full address: Tonbridge Area
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- 32 days annual leave entitlement (which includes bank holidays)
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
- Full training and free uniform
We are seeking proactive people who express enthusiasm in improving our passengers’ experience. Your day to day duties may include dispatching trains, protecting company revenue through checking tickets, operating the automatic gates, helping passengers including those who may require extra assistance and ensuring the platforms and station are a clean and safe environment whilst maintaining a visible presence.
This customer facing role involves all aspects of customer service, providing real time information, dealing with difficult conversations and complaints, pro-actively assisting passengers and ensuring all cleaning duties are completed in a thorough manner.
Duties may include:
- Safe and on time dispatch of trains
- Safe operation of the gate line and ticket inspection
- Compliance with all safety requirements and emergency procedures
- Customer service
- Cleaning duties ranging from sweeping platforms to maintaining toilet facilities
- Assisting disabled passengers
- Reporting delays, equipment failures, faults, logging any incidents etc.
- Dealing with lost property
- Attachment and detachment of train services
You will be given full vocational training (including functional skills) to ensure you have the skills, experience and knowledge required for the role.
You will work a varied shift pattern, which includes weekends, bank holidays and night shifts.
You may be required to start work as early as 0530 hrs and some shifts will mean you will finish after the last train has dispatched for the evening – so you will need to have your own transport to get to and from your place of work.
One of our existing station staff said...
"I work different shifts that add up to 35 hours per week, this is great as it allows me to have a lot of free time. I like walking my dog and catching up with friends."
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you should demonstrate the following in your application:
- Excellent Customer Service skills/experience
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- The ability to deal with difficult passengers
- Knowledge of Southeastern and our values
- Team working skills