AgbioInvestor was established in 2017 to provide news and analysis covering the global crop protection and seeds & traits industries, rapidly becoming the leading source of global crop protection market information and analysis in the industry. As a dynamic and vibrant company, we are able to offer intuitive and interactive methods of accessing data and analysis whilst delivering the accurate and reliable information with which we have quickly become synonymous.
Having grown rapidly over recent years, we are now looking for a new team member to help manage the increased workload and to help deliver new services to our global client base.
AgbioInvestor is looking for a new trainee data analyst to assist the existing team in preparation of its industry leading analytical reports as well as aiding in the development of new products. Prior knowledge of the crop protection or seeds and traits industries is not required, however some background or strong interest in a scientific, economic or other related discipline would be of benefit.
Strong skills in data input, cleaning, normalisation and management in Microsoft Excel is a prerequisite, and a working knowledge and experience of Excel Pivot Tables and Functions and knowledge of database principals would be of benefit.
Experience in presenting ideas and data through reports and eventually team / external presentations is preferred, however training in this regard would be provided by the existing analysts, who each have significant experience in preparation and presenting of high-quality client facing reports.
AgbioInvestor is utilising Microsoft’s data visualisation software Power BI in the development of new products. The new team member would be required to assist in the development of new and existing products in Power BI, and some knowledge of the software would be beneficial, however this is not essential, and all necessary training and support will be provided.
The successful candidate would be required to work without significant supervision from the existing team members, although support will always be available when required. We are looking for a well presented, analytically minded person, with self-discipline and a strong desire to expand into the role of junior analytical, and eventually senior analytical positions.
AgbioInvestor is based just south of Edinburgh in a modern Business centre on a working farm near Pathhead, and the ability to travel to the company offices each day would be a requirement.
Main role and Responsibilities:
- Aid senior analytical team with the preparation of data and reports
- Data entry, cleaning, processing and normalisation
- Build new and manage existing datasets for delivery to end-users
- Delivery of end-user product experience via Power BI
- General office administration
- Good communication skills
- Excel and data management skills, including Pivot Tables, Functions (e.g. VLOOKUP, SUMIF, Array Formula, FIND, MID etc.)
- Experience of presenting ideas and data via reports and presentations
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work without supervision in a small team setting
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Background in scientific, economic or related discipline; or prior experience in similar position not essential but beneficial.
- Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm although some flexibility is needed on occasion. We deal with international clients in the Far East / West costs USA, so it is sometimes required to be around for calls when it suits a client.
- £16,000 - £18,000 per annum
- AgbioInvestor believes in investing in its people, and the new team member would look forward to a potentially long career in an exciting and dynamic industry with significant potential for personal and professional development.
- The global nature of AgbioInvestor’s business also brings with it the potential for global travel in support of the company’s activities, with the analytical team regularly visiting countries such as China, the USA, Central Europe and Japan.
- The new recruit would be subject to annual salary reviews, whilst annual bonuses would be offered according to company performance.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.