An exciting and progressive opportunity to join one of the worlds leading insurance companies. Through an immersive and accelerated learning programme called AIG Advance. You will gain an insight into how AIG underwrites and services a digital portfolio across various product lines. Also, you will gain exposure to the entire insurance lifecycle; how AIG distributes its products, calculates premiums, settles claims all with a key focus to support our commercial brokers trading digitally. This is a terrific opportunity to earn and learn about an industry that is growing and important to the operation of every business segment in the world.
AIG’s digitalunderwriters support commercial brokers by delivering with accuracy and speedinsurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals forour changing world.
Accountabilities& Responsibilities for the Role:
To performtechnical underwriting and claim tasks for different AIG business areas.
To undertake defined technicalunderwriting duties in line with standard operating procedures and servicelevel agreements to support and assist underwriters for both new and renewaldigital business.
- Work withother stakeholders (e.g. claims, actuarial, finance) to broaden knowledge ofthe underwriting market.
- Maintain andupdate effective workflow processes.
- Meet allagreed and approved Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key PerformanceIndicators (KPIs).
- Ensurecontract certainty.
Todevelop the required underwriting knowledge and skills to effectively supportthe underwriting process.
- Be able toidentify key risks associated with specific industry sectors
- Be able toidentify macroeconomic factors that will increase client’s exposure to riskevents
- Understandhow AIG assesses those risks on our digital platforms and the underwriting strategythat should be applied
- Professionallyhandle incoming calls from brokers, completing enquiries, and taking allnecessary actions in a professional and service focussed approach.
- Takeresponsibility for all customer requests, ensuring action and follow up withinthe agreed service level.
- Recogniseand convert opportunities to introduce other AIG products to existing customers.
- Adhere toall Compliance requirements.
- Ensure thatall data is entered accurately.
- Understandthe various insurance products that AIG offers our clients and customers, plusa basic understanding of AIG’s underwriting strategy and vision.
- Understandunderwriting authority and how it is obtained.
- Communicatewith London / regional underwriters throughout the UK.
To undertakeall learning and developmental aspects relating to the AIG Advance programmee.g. CII Cert qualification, off-the-job and on-the-job activities and tasks.
- Utiliseinternal on-line training tools and undertake the targeted Charted Insurance Institute training programmes
Predicted112 UCAS points (i.e. BBC at A-Level or equivalent) plus five grade 9-4 (A*-C)GCSE’s including Maths and English