Salary – starting at £17,945
Location – Nationwide
Company – Army
Job Type – full time
Join the Army and you’ll learn skills that will set you up for life and give you a head start, whatever your future career choice.
Our Intelligence Linguists use specialist language skills in combat zones around the world – and we’ll train you to be part of that team. This could mean anything from analysing intercepted communications, to building rapport with local people or talking to prisoners of war to obtain information about enemy plans.
You should like:
- Responsibility and decision-making
- Working with and helping people
- Computing and technology
- Working in an office / indoors
Skills you can learn:
Our language training takes you from beginner to expert level. It even enhances your grammar too. You’ll be focusing on Middle Eastern and Central Asian languages and applying these skills in a range of scenarios, from gaining intelligence from locals to interpreting and analysing enemy communications. You’ll also learn about the customs of the countries you’re working in so you can advise commanders.
Qualifications you should have:
- Qualifications: GCSE grade C in English Language, Maths and three other academic subjects
Qualifications you can achieve:
- Recognised Language Qualifications
- Masters in International Liaison and Communication