Stena Drilling is one of the world's foremost independent drilling contractors, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Stena AB.
Stena Drilling has had an active role in the building and conversion of rigs whilst also pioneering some of the most leading-edge technologies and innovations in the drilling world, culminating with the Stena IceMAX, the world's first dynamically positioned, dual mast ice-class drillship, meticulously designed specifically for safe and efficient operations in arctic conditions.
Stena Drilling's core business values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
- To always be the clients’ first choice and quality assured partner
- To safeguard the company's resources and the resources of the world around us
- To participate in value creating activities
- A clearly delegated business responsibility with innovations frequently in partnership with the client
- Customer Satisfaction
- Committed People
- Work within IT strategy in support of the company’s mission and core objectives.
- 1st Line IT Support to all Stena Drilling office and offshore sites, via telephone and remote control.
- User and Group Administration in Microsoft Active Directory.
- Use of 3rd party support services.
- Work Order tracking & documentation.
- Imaging of Desktop PC’s and Laptops.
- Deployment of IT equipment.
- Network Administration.
- Server Administration.
- Technical Documentation.
- Provide technical assistance and advice in use of communication systems and devices.
- Provide assistance to IT Project and Security Teams as required.
- Visit offshore units and worldwide shore offices as necessary.
- Participate in on-call and shift rota’s.
- Any other duties as required by the IT Manager.
Desired skills / experience:
- Implement IT Changes in line with the IT Change Management Procedure (L2-DOC-IT-5892).
- Maintain high level of awareness in IT, Information, and Cyber Security and provide information and advice to others as necessary.
- Work with elevated account privileges and permissions in line with documented procedures
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s safety policies through leadership and guidance.
- Must be fully committed to preventing damage to the environment and shall work in accordance with Stena Drilling’s Quality and HS & E Policies and Procedures.
- Essential - Working with computers, Microsoft Office applications.
- Desirable - Previous employment in any field,
- Team working
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to a positive working environment
- Organizational qualities
- Communication and presentation skills
- Effective team work.
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Commitment to professional service delivery
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge.
- Educated to Higher level including Computing
- Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 16:30
- Friday 08:00 to 12:00
- Monday to Thursday 08:30 to 17:00
- Friday 08:30 to 12:30
- We have an onsite canteen (subsidised).
- Onsite gym.
- Onsite parking.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.