We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 8,400 miles of footway, almost 7,000 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
Here at Ringway Jacobs we are looking for individuals with a passion and enthusiasm for Quantity Surveying to join us as a Trainee on our longstanding Essex contract.
At Ringway Jacobs we understand that it’s our people that make the difference and we are committed to supporting our people in achieving a successful career with us.
We offer all our apprentices and graduates a full-time permanent role.
As a Trainee you will provide technical and administrative support to the Commercial team, developing experience and gaining knowledge to become a Member of a professional body.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
•A fully funded 5-year course leading to a degree in Quantity Surveying and Membership of a professional body
•First class, hands on experience with expert teams and mentors
•Generous holiday entitlement
•Opportunities to further your career after your professional qualification
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE;
• Minimum of 3 A Levels at Grade C or above including maths and a physical science
• GCSE maths at grade 5 or above with at least 4 other GCSEs at grade 4 or above which include English language and a science
• Good written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• An interest in Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying related to civil engineering and highways
• Evidence of an ability for problem solving, judgement and analytical skills
• Ability to use Microsoft applications – Word, Teams & Excel
• The ability and flexibility to work at various locations throughout Essex
• Full driving licence or intention and ability to obtain a licence within a year of joining the organisation
• Available to commence employment on 1st September 2021
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
• Commercial responsibility for allocated works completed under the Essex Highways Contract
• Ensuring robust commercial processes are in place and are being adhered to
• Managing the supply chain ensuring timely assessments and payments are made
• Develop strong working relationships with both the design, operational delivery and Client commissioning teams, reporting on costs, assist in forecasting and managing budgets
• Procurement of supply chain partners
• Timely and diligent contract administration
• Direct works cost control, managing and forecasting including reporting on outputs / productivity
This is an excellent opportunity for someone keen to start a successful career into the Highways sector. It is takes time and effort to deliver excellence, but the results are so rewarding! We are looking for candidates who are willing to commit the time needed to achieve the qualifications and progress in this rewarding industry. Please join us on the 5th August for a Covid-Compliant Apprentice Recruitment Event.
To apply you need your CV plus a letter about yourself and your work ambitions.
For more information or to apply for this position please visit our careers site or email our recruitment team
As an equal opportunities employer, should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.