About the role
Trainee Quantity Surveyor Degree Level Scotland
Qualifications needed: 3 A levels/5 Highers/112 UCAS points or equivalent in STEM subject or Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
Closing Date applications are open until 29th May 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the role:
We designed our Trainee Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. Youll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; youll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based. Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential. As the programme progresses you will have increased responsibility for the financial and legal management of construction projects.
Throughout you will ensure compliance with our Health and Safety and Sustainability agenda and aspire to a Site, Construction or Project Management career.
The following qualifications will be gained:
* BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying or equivalent Quantity Surveying Level 6 Diploma
You will attend college and university on a day or block release basis during the Apprenticeship.
Your responsibilities as a Trainee Quantity Surveyor include:
- To manage and lead the cost aspects complex construction projects
- To ensure that comprehensive study has been undertaken of the whole life aspects of the project and the understanding of the clients needs
- To manage the selection of the specialist contractors for the project
- To ensure that disputes are minimised and settled amicably for all parties
To manage the commercial success of a project for all stakeholders
Who we're looking for
- Minimum 3 A-levels, HNC or equivalent at grades A-C including Maths, Science or Engineering
- Minimum of five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 or A-C including Maths, English and Science, with a B in Maths
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test
- As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and people skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project. You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team. You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry.
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.