Trainee Reinsurance Broker, London- 20k p/a
- Accounting & Tax
- Banking and Finance
- Maths & English
- London remove
Position: Trainee Reinsurance Broker
Location: The City, London
Start: September 2019
Beach and Associates is an independent global reinsurance broker with a reputation for placing reinsurance programs covering complex and technical books of business, at the best available market terms. We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join the Broking team.
As part of a 2-year programme the successful candidate will go through 4 placements lasting 6 months each, working directly with senior members of the broking and actuarial teams.
At the end of the 2-year programme the candidate will look to obtain their professional ACII qualification. Depending on the candidates’ strengths, there are opportunities to develop down either a more technical broker and account management route or more closely orientated to broking and business development.
- Support the Brokers and Account Managers with the management and maintenance of existing client relationships and the development of new ones
- Assist with the production of high-quality presentations, submissions and documentation
- Develop a detailed understanding of the client’s business, as part of developing tailor-made solutions to assist the Account Handlers
- Interprets analytical results, in order to evaluate and compare different (re)insurance prices and strategies
- The successful candidate will have minimum A level grades BCC, plus a B in GCSE English Language, Maths and Science with the ability to work effectively as part of a global business in a dynamic environment. They will be able to demonstrate a keen interest in insurance and be willing to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a strong client focus and delivering exceptional performance.
The person - experience & skills:
- Minimum Grades BCC at A Level, plus a B in GCSE English Language, Maths and Science
- Demonstrable interest in insurance
- Exceptional analytical skills
- First-class interpersonal skills including relationship building and account management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure
- Charismatic and competitive with strong negotiation skills
- Highly analytical with excellent problem solving
- Strong communications (verbal and written)
- Exceptional time management, organisation and prioritisation skills