Title: Trainee Service Engineer
Line Manager: Engineering Manager
To assist other members of the service site team undertake water hygiene/water treatment works as per the requirement of the Department, in accordance with agreed schedules/scopes, ensuring full compliance with relevant standards, codes of practice and legislation.
To uphold Health and Safety standards, and ensure that Goodwater’s codes of practice are always observed, whilst maintaining a professional image of the Company at all times.
- To assist other service engineers to undertake water hygiene/treatment works for a variety of water systems and water treatment equipment, ensuring full compliance with relevant legislations and Health and Safety standards, and that Goodwater’s codes of practice are always observed.
- To ensure that customers receive the best possible service at all times, and that work is completed to the highest standard, including where necessary, the production of concise and accurate reports for all work undertaken.
- To ensure that any problems or hazards encountered while on site are immediately identified to the lead engineer and/or the Line Manager, depending on the nature of the situation.
- To maintain good levels of communication with the lead engineer and the Operations team, so that progress on allocated jobs is always known.
- To uphold the image of the company, by conducting and presenting oneself in a professional and responsible manner at all times.
- To gain knowledge of water hygiene practices and legislations, and water treatment products and equipment, and to ensure any training requirements are highlighted to the Line Manager.
- Minimum GCSE’s or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years practical site experience is advantageous.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good computer skills, including Word and Outlook, and ability to use new software, Apps etc.
- A well-motivated, dynamic and hard-working individual with the drive and determination to surpass targets.
- Should be practical, hands-on type.
- Must be enthusiastic, understand and demonstrate the importance of customer satisfaction to the highest standard, and thrive when working under pressure.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, dignity, professionalism and respect in all dealings with customers and colleagues.
- Must be a team player and can participate effectively in teamwork and use own initiative when required.
- Must be a flexible individual who enjoys the challenges of meeting deadlines with the willingness to go the extra mile when necessary, to ensure the needs of the customer and Goodwater are met.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Ideally located within 20miles of our office, but this is open to discussion.
- Holiday entitlement: 22 days per year plus bank holidays
- Provision of a mobile phone for business use only
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Incentive Scheme
- Service Award scheme
- Opportunity for career development within the company
- Working hours will generally be 40hrs on-site per week
- Working weekend rota (1 in every 3) paid as additional overtime
- Training will be provided as necessary
Start date: Immediate