Successful candidates will join a pre-employment training programme which will take 3 weeks to complete. You will be provided with work experience; employability skills; sector-focused training; and maths and English development.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic candidate who has a passion for working with children but is lacking the skills, confidence and qualifications needed to begin working in the childcare sector. Working with children requires good communication skills, a caring nature and someone who is willing to gain valuable work experience to progress into an apprenticeship.
Childcare area is a varied and flexible career path. They play with children and help them with different duties such as feeding and dressing tasks. People who want to work in this sector have a wide variety of jobs.
Childcare duties can include:
- Supporting social and emotional development of children.
- Reading books to children.
- Participating in recreational activities.
- Monitoring activities of children.
- Performing housekeeping duties.
Qualifications Required: · Eligible to work in England
· Unemployed and have little or no work experience
· aged 16 to 24
· Does not currently hold a level 3 qualification in any subject
· Not currently enrolled with another college or training provider
· Willing to travel upto 45 minutes for the work placement
· Available full for the 7 weeks Monday - Friday 9.30am- 4.30pm
· Has required ID such as in date passport, driving license or birth certificate
· Has proof of current address
· Has a National Insurance number
· No criminal record-clear from cautions or convictions