Traineeship in Accountancy Level 1 AAT
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Accounting & Tax
- Leeds remove
Employer: Leeds City Council
Wage: £0.00 Per Week
Hours: 30.00 Per Week
A fantastic opportunity to gain a place on Kaplan’s Financial Internships, gaining employability skills and an AAT Level 1 qualification. The internship opportunity is unwaged and part of an entry to work course.
A Traineeship/Internship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and Maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
The employer is looking for an administrator to support the finance staff whilst undertaking learning and development to progress with the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification over the term of the apprenticeship.
Work Experience to include:
1. Supporting the finance service through the accurate and timely processing of financial transactions and provision of administrative services.
2. Validation of financial transactions ensuring compliance with agreed procedures
3. Provide support and work with members of finance and services to mitigate areas of non-compliance
4. Support an integrated approach by working across the service as designated
5. To provide support to the finance service in meeting its objectives and in its production and effectively delivery of:
- Final accounts and external audit liaison
- Budget setting and estimate preparation including costing of savings and investment proposals
- Resource allocation
- Medium term financial planning processes
- Grant claims and administration in line with grant manual and protocols
- Preparation of corporate and service based budget books and accountability memos
- Treasury management and banking processes
Qualifications Required: No formal qualifications required however a real essential in gaining work experience is required. Application closed