Supporting Teachers in a class. Supporting children with their learning during lessons. Reading with pupils. Administration tasks such as; cutting, photocopying and laminating. This is an unpaid opportunity.
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Work Preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital Skills and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
Are you eligible?
1. Are you currently not in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
2. Are you aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4 (A level)?
Daily Tasks -
- Support the teacher within the classroom and help students with the understanding of the work the teacher has supplied
- Encourage pupils to become more independent learners
- Provide support for their emotional, social, and physical welfare
- Support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life
- Work under the direction of the line manager, class teachers and other staff to support the learning of whole classes, selected groups or individuals as instructed
Training to be provided
This Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training, Functional Skills maths and English support for those who require it and a high-quality work experience placement.
- Maths and English if required
- Practical experience
After successful completion of the Traineeship course, you will receive a certificate of completion and a letter of reference as a minimum, to support future job applications.
Also, you will receive guaranteed interview status for any suitable jobs.
Opportunities to apply for further apprenticeship opportunities or possible direct employment with placement school.
- The ability to motivate participants
- Effective communication skills
- Positive Role model
- Use of Word and Excel
- Friendly and helpful attitude
- Team player
- Desire to learn