To work alongside and in support of the Calvert Kielder staff team to provide all of the services that we offer and share in the responsibility for maintaining our exceptionally high standards of service and delivery. Volunteers at Calvert Kielder will work across all of the operational departments, including Activities, Care, Catering, Domestic and Guest Services during their time with us and should be prepared to embrace an ever changing daily schedule.
- To work as part of a wider team to deliver Calvert Kielder objectives.
- To assist existing teams in a variety of roles to meet departmental objectives.
- To assist delivering the highest quality service to our guests.
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as be able to self-motivate.
- Willingness to learn and develop new ideas.
- Positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
- Disciplined, hardworking and prepared to go the extra mile.
- Excellent personal standards, including time keeping and personal appearance.
- Empathy with our aims and objectives
USEFUL QUALIFICATIONS (but not necessary)
- Full Driving License
- First Aid certificate
- Any outdoor activity qualifications
- Food Safety certificate
12 and 9 month placements – closing date 1st April, start date in May.
6 month placement – closing date 10th April, start date 1st June.
3 month placement – closing date 10th April, start date 1st June.
We will actively consider applications from anyone who cannot meet these dates on a case by case basis. Anyone wishing to apply for other dates or 2021 is welcome to apply, just let us know the dates you wish to volunteer.
Meals and accommodation provided for volunteers, access to a car may also be possible.