UK Publicity Apprentice - London - Salary £18K
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Business & Admin
- Customer Service
- Creative & Digital Media
- Public Relations
18 month contract starting July 2019, Public Relations Level 4 qualification
Applications must be submitted by Monday 13th May 2019, Assessment Days will be held in June.
Closing Date- 13th May 2019
Who are we?
Warner Bros. released its’ first motion picture more than 90 years ago and is now a recognised leader in the creation, production, distribution, licensing and marketing of theatrical motion pictures, television programming, games, video/DVD and related products around the world.
The UK Theatrical Distribution division co-ordinates the sales and distribution of Warner Bros. films throughout the UK and Ireland. This involves creating and implementing release strategies on each release, while supervising the actual releases and results, tracking business trends and opportunities and reporting to the US home office.
The Warner Home Entertainment Group is the No. 1 studio for entertainment distribution in the UK. It constantly strives to create and maintain a best in class marketing function with an emphasis on the lifetime value of WB content.
What part will you play?
You will work closely with the department Publicists and you will have a wide range of key responsibilities and objectives. These will include supplying publicity materials to UK TV, radio, online and print publications in line with our publicity strategy. You will be responsible for distributing and analysing the daily press cuttings to the UK and US teams. You will also have the opportunity to work as part of the team on key projects, press events and premieres.
Reporting and updates
- Go through the national daily papers and media monitoring email updates, to compile and highlight all of the key coverage on Warner Bros films and talent.
- Monitor and compile publicity cuttings reports and updates for the Home Entertainment publicity team
- Work with the project publicists to upload designated press coverage on to the FTP site.
- Analyse competitor publicity activities and campaigns.
- Organisation and filing of magazines, newspapers and specific film coverage
- Upkeep and distribution of weekly publicity meeting minutes.
- Maintenance and upkeep of editorial media mailing list
- Monitor and file all the Publicity materials that arrive from our US office.
- Work closely with the project publicists to ensure that all materials are up to date and in line with the Publicity strategy.
- Monitor receipt of merchandise for Publicity placement.
- Liaison with agencies to provide materials and review content.
- Inform press of release dates and press materials available.
- Work with the team to staff and manage screenings.
- Work with members of the team at press events and Premieres.
- Working with the project publicist on designated elements of tours and events.
- Assisting with project publicists on briefing agencies and external partners
- Communication with media to secure and file screening reactions
- Deal with telephone and email enquiries from the press and general public.
To complete these projects you will need to liaise with company employee both in the UK and US, by telephone, email and in person. You will need to be a confident communicator. You should have good research skills and follow through on projects ensuring their completion.
The Ideal Candidate
What do we require from you?
- Excellent working knowledge of Word and Excel, and some experience of using databases and PowerPoint.
- Good awareness and working knowledge of social media platforms
- Educated to A level or equivalent standard with grade C or above in both English and Maths at GCSE.
- Professionalism and the ability to use discretion around high profile individuals
- Must be well organised and disciplined with the ability to prioritise workload and use time effectively.
- Must be self-motivated and work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Must be analytical and pay close attention to detail including spelling.
- Must have a proficient and confident phone manner.
- Some previous work experience would be advantageous.