Hargreaves Lansdown is the UK's number 1 'investment supermarket' for private investors and today we are trusted with more than £100 billion by over 1.4 million clients. Our purpose is to empower people to save and invest with confidence. We are a secure, FTSE 100 company, based in the heart of Bristol now with over 1,700 people. We believe we have a workplace like no other, with constant learning, dynamic teams and a great ethos. We're steered by our core values that promote service, quality, innovation and opportunity in everything we do.
For more information about careers at HL and to see all our vacancies, please visit our careers website.
Main role / Responsibilities:
Helping to troubleshoot problems, working through the Unix 2nd line ticket queue, ensuring that incidents and requests across the Client facing estate are dealt with in a timely, consistent and professional manner
- Work with other teams in the department to identify trends and root causes of faults.
- Help implement changes in line with ITIL best practice
- Help improve our process documentation for common tickets.
- Actively engage in a culture of continuous improvement, implementing service efficiencies where possible.
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix
- Demonstrate a strong interest in IT and a good level of technical knowledge
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to analyse and problem solve
- Ability to effectively manage your own workload
- Ability to work well in a team
- Good people skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Risk aware
- Keen to learn
- Pro-active, resourceful and able to use initiative
- Grade C or above in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
- Educated to AS / A level (or equivalent)
37.5 Hours per week, Monday to Friday,
7.5 hour shift pattern between 7.30am to 6.00pm.
- To become a qualified UNIX team member
Company perks and benefits:
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- 25* days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 day additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year
- Pension scheme - up to 19% contribution
- Flexible working options available
- Enhanced parental leave benefits
- Variety of travel to work schemes, including season ticket loans and cycle to work
- Bike storage and shower facilities
- Employee assistance programme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual events, activities and sports groups
- Smart casual dress policy and dress down Fridays
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.