Calvert Kielder was founded more than 35 years ago on a vision of a society where disability is not a barrier to opportunity and fulfilment. For many we offer a unique opportunity to share the pleasure of a holiday in the countryside; something that able-bodied people take for granted. Our motto is: “Disability…no limits.” Calvert Kielder is a transformational organisation. We bring positive transformation to the lives of disabled people, their families and friends, instilling greater self-esteem, stronger self-confidence and a more determined sense of purpose through the provision of challenging and Fun outdoor activities.
All staff are required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Check.
To work alongside and in support of the varying staff team members in providing all of the services that we offer and share the responsibility for maintaining our exceptionally high standards of service and delivery. Volunteers at Calvert Kielder will work across all of the operational departments, including Activities, Care, Catering, Domestic and Guest Services during their time with us and should be prepared and embrace an ever changing daily schedule.
- To work as part of a wider team to deliver Calvert Kielder objectives.
- To assist existing teams in a variety of roles to meet departmental objectives.
- To assist delivering the highest quality service to our guests.
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as be able to self-motivate.
- Willingness to learn and develop new ideas.
- Positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
- Disciplined, hardworking and prepared to go the extra mile.
- Excellent personal standards, including time keeping and personal appearance.
- Empathy with our aims and objectives
USEFUL QUALIFICATIONS (but not necessary)
- Full Driving Licence
- First Aid certificate
- Any outdoor activity qualifications
- Food Safety certificate
12 and 9 month placements – closing date 10th January, start date 27th January.
6 month placement – closing date 10th February, start date 22 March.
3 month placement – closing date 10th April, start date 15th June.
We may consider applications that cannot meet these dates on a case by case basis. Anyone wishing to apply for later dates or 2021 can ask for their application to be kept on file.
bed and board provided for volunteers
Once placed you will be required to complete a DBS (we are able to assist with this).