Waiter / Waitress (Greece)
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Gap Year
- Hospitality and Catering
Reporting to the Hotel Manager or Bar / Restaurant Supervisor you will provide a warm, welcoming atmosphere for guests in our Hotel. You will assist with serving breakfast, work at the bar and serve lunch and dinner to our guests, ensuring a high level of customer service at all times. You will carry out daily and weekly housekeeping duties ensuring that the Hotel is always at its highest standard.
- To provide guests with a personal holiday experience with the highest service and cleanliness levels.
- To perform daily and weekly cleaning jobs to company standards in all public areas
- Serving customers on the bar in an effective and friendly manner
- Provide a smooth running efficient breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner service
- To ensure that appropriate clean uniform is worn at all times
- To ensure that all local information that maybe of relevance to customers is clearly displayed and passed onto customers
- To actively upsell any additional extras that the Hotel may offer
Person Specification (assessed via application, assessment centre or interview as appropriate):
Each of the criteria below is rated as Essential (E), Highly Desirable (HD) or Desirable (D). We place considerable emphasis on your Personal Qualities as the training and support we provide can often strengthen any weaknesses that exist in other areas.
- Strong social/People skills/Cheerful/Outgoing (E)
- Highly Motivated (E)
- Passionate / Enthusiastic (E)
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team (E)
- Ability to cope under pressure (E)
- Willingness to work hard / long hours (E)
- Adaptable / Flexible Attitude (E)
- Honest and Trustworthy (E)
Skills & Ability
- Customer Service (E)
- Communication Skills (E)
- Problem Solving and Complaint Handling (E)
- Sales Experience (HD)
- Planning Organisational Skills (E)
- Literate and Numerate (E)
- IT / Admin / Social Media (E)
- Spoken English to conversational level (E)
- Relevant Transferable work Experience (E)
- Secure Cash Handling Experience (HD)
To apply for this role you must:
·Have held a full time position for at least 12 months continuous employment in the same role as a waiter, running your own station including drinks service, with at table ordering, and without support, for a minimum of 24 covers. Conferencing and banqueting, Wedding/Events or agency work, C&B and Silver Service work, will not be considered sufficient.
You must be able to carry four main course plates, with plated meals to the table and whilst adhering to service etiquette, clear each table without the use of trays.