Warburtons 2019 Management Degree Apprenticeship
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Degree Apprenticeships
- Business & Admin
- Health & Safety
- Project Management
At Warburtons Managers aren’t born they’re bread...
Pearson Business School are now welcoming applications for the Warburtons 2019 Management Degree Apprenticeship.
Warburtons are looking for their Apprentices to have a passion for food production, manufacturing and distribution to join their family in October 2019. As a Management Apprentice you will initially be based in the Enfield Bakery the biggest bakery site in Europe for 4 days a week and study one day a week at Pearson Business School completing a Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship. You’ll undertake a mixture of degree study and on the job training with your own personal Warburtons mentor.
The role will require an element of travel and mobility around the UK.
Warburtons are proud to have some of the most innovative, modern and automated technology that the food manufacturing industry has to offer. As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’they have been baking bread since 1876. They have a family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK and are recognised as a Sunday Times Top Best Big Companies’to work for over consecutive years.
The Warburtons Degree Apprenticeship provides the knowledge, skills and experience needed for a role in Management. You'll be working across a range of different functions and teams in Operations: including Manufacturing, Plant and Engineering, Warehousing, Distribution, Quality, Technical and Health and Safety to broaden your knowledge and understanding in all areas of the operation.
You’ll take on real roles with real responsibility and undertake challenging placements around the business.
At the end of your Apprenticeship you'll have achieved your Degree and be ready to step into a management role; this might be Team Manager, Warehouse Manager, Driver Operations Manager, Bakery Manager or Supply Chain Management. This route will be the start of your career in management and can open the door to many more opportunities within the business.
To join our Warburtons Apprenticeship programme, you'll need the following:
- You will be 18 years or over by September 2019
- Have achieved or have predicted 120 UCAS points (or equivalent)
- Able to be flexible around work patterns, including shifts, weekends and evenings
- You'll have excellent analytical skills and enjoy problem solving with a logical and structured approach
- Passion, drive and commitment to complete a 4-year Degree Apprenticeship at Pearson Business School and graduate with a degree in Business Management validated by The University of Kent
- Able to demonstrate a genuine interest in food manufacturing
- Happy to roll your sleeves up and starting from scratch, immerse yourself into every aspect of manufacturing life
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive starting salary rising each year through to year 4
- 25 days paid holiday a year
- Annual profit share
- Discounted retail vouchers, including gym membership discounts
Applications close on the 23rd May at midday - to avoid disappointment, we strongly advise you to apply well in advance of the closing dateApplication closed