We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Business & Admin
• To provide excellent customer service. Assist customers to find the products required and offer advice and answer questions about products/ prices (incl. measuring and cutting goods)
• May be required to lift and carry items of stock
• Gaining and maintaining a level of product knowledge.
• At times, Assistants may also arrange ordering and delivery.
• Maintain displays and re-stock shelves/bays as necessary
• Making sure that the goods are attractively displayed.
• Unpack deliveries and check despatch notes
• Accurately price stock and ensure proper stock rotation
• Maintaining high levels of security and shrinkage awareness
• Keep the shop, yard and staff areas clean and tidy
• Use of specialist equipment (saw mill, FLT, paint mixers etc)
• Vehicle management in customer car park area
• Loading and unloading of customer/ supplier deliver vehicles (some lifting may be required)
• To work as part of a rota
• Maximising branch sales opportunities through encouraging/ developing sales directly or supporting sales activities