Warehouse Assistant/Tile Showroom - Colchester - 53483
Warehouse Assistant / Tile Showroom Assistant
We have an excellent opportunity for a Warehouse Assistant / Showroom Assistant for our CTD branch in Colchester.
You will be serving both trade and retail customers in our busy Branch.
*Please note a current UK driving license is ESSENTIAL for this role as you will be driving a van to deliver to customers*
Your duties will include
- Dealing with customers on a day to day basis, building solid long term relationships, Working towards sales targets.
- You will be required to deal with telephone enquiries and always ensure that customer’s needs are met whilst promoting the company’s products and services.
- Departmental housekeeping and health and safety must be upheld at all times.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that customer orders are ready for collection when specified whilst ensuring minimum stock damage and accurate picking of stock for orders.
- You will be expected to carry heavy items and operate pallet trucks day to day and eventually be trained to drive a forklift after successful completion of your probation period. You will also be required to have general involvement in the warehouse when required.
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Ceramic Tile Distributors are a one stop shop for all your tiling requirements. Bathroom tiles, kitchen tiles, floor tiles, ceramic & porcelain tiles.. we have it all. Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A great open working environment.
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday including the statutory bank holidays (Increasing to 33 with service).
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
Sign-up or log in to apply