Salary - £13,500 per annum
What will you be doing?
On our water recycling (sewage) treatment technician pathway, you'll learn to operate the systems and equipment on our operational sites to ensure that sewage is treated correctly before being returned to the environment. Throughout the programme, you'll learn to run processes such as preliminary and biological treatment, collect and analyse data and carry out maintenance checks.
As part of your apprenticeship, you'll spend up to 18 months training and learning. This will be through a mixture of classroom study and on-the-job training as you work towards a nationally recognised qualification.
As a fully qualified Works Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring our Water Recycling treatment processes and systems are serviced and maintained so that they run effectively and efficiently in order to meet regulatory standards. Ensuring you always work safely, your typical tasks will involve:
- Maintaining compliance through routine servicing and maintenance of Waste Water treatment processes and systems.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of Waste Water treatment processes and systems, including carrying out routine checks and recording scientific test results, taking action if results are outside set limits.
- Ensure on-site sludges are dewatered as far as possible in order to link in with tanker collections.
- Maintain sites at lowest possible energy demands without compromising compliance.
This role requires prompt action in response to reactive work both during and outside the normal working day. As a result, there will be a contractual requirement to undertake standby duties.
Anglian Water prides itself on carrying out an excellent customer service, and you'll be an ambassador working on the front line.
What do you need?
- 5 GCSEs at grade A*- C or 9 - 4 (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- A real passion for excellent customer service
- Enthusiasm and be keen to learn
- A desire for hands on work
- Natural people skills to work in a team
Once qualified you'll be based at our Southend Sewage Treatment Works, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 5XB. Due to the standby requirement of this role, we ask that you live within a 30 minute radius of this area.
What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn't come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do. Some of our benefits include:
- Private health care
- Competitive pension scheme
- 23 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working (dependent on your role)
- Plus lots more!
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
Closing date: Sunday 28th April 2019
By choosing this Apprenticeship, you are opening the door to a long term and highly rewarding career at Anglian Water. Apply now!