Water Network Delivery Apprentice - United Utilities - Liverpool, Greater Manchester, Bolton, Cumbria, Winsford
- Customer Service
- Mechanic and Automotive
- Logistics and Warehousing Vacancies
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Health & Safety
- Employability Skills
- Welding & Metalwork
- Gas, Heating & Hot Water
- Land Based
- Plastering and Decorating
- Countryside Management
- Estate and Property Management
- Warehouse and Storage
- Cleaning and Environmental Services
- Facility Services
- Electronic Engineering
- Cumbria remove
- Bolton remove
- Manchester remove
- Penrith remove
- Kendal remove
- Winsford remove
- Liverpool remove
Water Network Delivery Apprentice
Fazakerley, Liverpool - ref 12634
Eccles, Greater Manchester - ref 12635
Penrith, Cumbria - ref 12636
Bolton, Greater Manchester - ref 12637
Winsford, Cheshire - ref 12629
Kendal, Cumbria - ref 12655
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Be part of the flow of life
At United Utilities we're proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too.
If you join us on our apprenticeship scheme you'll be given the training and development to take that first step onto the career ladder, supported by the United Utilities family.
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*;
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career; and
- Inspire the next generation – you'll have the opportunity to represent United Utilities at key events across the region, engaging with young people to bring careers in the water industry to life.
A bit more about the role
No two days are ever the same as a Water Network Apprentice.
During the three year apprenticeship, you'll learn to operate and look after all of the kit we use to produce, treat and deliver water to homes and businesses across the North West.
For the first two years of your apprenticeship, you'll spend your time learning the ropes as a water network delivery apprentice. After this time, you'll be assigned to a specific water network role, enabling you to become an expert in your field.
Successful apprentices will achieve a Water Process Technician Standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn:
- How to resolve customer queries;
- How to respond to water quality complaints;
- How to support the business during incidents and events; and
- How to look after all of our pipes, mains and pumping stations.
What we're looking for:
We're looking for someone who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the qualifications needed to really succeed in the role.
You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
You'll also need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C, or grades 9-4, which must include Maths, English Language and a science or technology subject.
What you'll get from us
- Rewarding essentials – there are lots of perks to the job, including a starting salary of £12,500 which will increase each year based on performance;
- Be the best you can be – you'll get involved in all sorts of training and fun activities with your fellow apprentices;
- An environment to be proud of – we're a responsible employer committed to developing our talented young people in state of the art facilities; and
- Be part of the family – you'll have the chance to network, bond and learn from your colleagues and fellow apprentices.
During your first year, you'll spend one working week out of every month at our technical training centre in Bolton. If you're from outside of the area, accommodation will be provided for this period, excluding weekends.
Once you've completed your apprenticeship, you'll be asked to join part of a formal standby rota, which may require you to do some out of hours work. Don't worry, your training will prepare you for this but we do advise that you apply for a vacancy that's relatively easy for you to get to, as we would need you to travel to the site easily.
*As long as you meet all necessary criteria throughout the programme.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 10/03/19Sign-up or log in to apply