Salary - £10 per hour
Alongside our award winning Graduate programme, we're offering a paid 8 week internship in our Coastal and Biodiversity teams within our Water Recycling Environmental Quality business area at the UK's #1 Best Place to Work according to Glassdoor. Our internships will introduce you to an exciting and challenging industry that delivers a vital water resource to millions of customers, whilst protecting our natural environment.
At Anglian Water you are given real responsibility from day one, helping to embrace the challenges we face and contributing to transforming our business into the water company of the future - and this is no different for our interns.
What will you be doing?
Over the course of this 8 week internship, you'll work alongside our Coastal and Biodiversity teams on a variety of projects including:
- Working with our Coastal team to help prepare for the 2020-2025 programme of investigatory work focused on water quality close to shellfish beds
- Engaging with stakeholders from all Catchment Based Approach (CaBA) partnerships from around the region to document catchment priorities and identify opportunities to increase collaboration with Anglian Water (including an internal data review)
- Updating the communications strategy for the Cam and Ely Ouse (CamEO) partnership, including the creation of new web content
- Leading the development of local action plans with the CamEO partnership by reviewing the evidence and ambitions of local partners
Throughout the duration of the internship and nature of this role, you'll also be required to travel to different sites to carry out both desktop and field work.
What do you need?
- Currently studying a degree in Natural Science, Geography or a related discipline.
- Demonstrate great communication skills
- A real team player who can build strong working relationships quickly
- Analytical skills
- A driving licence and the flexibility to travel around the region as required
- You must also be able to commit to the full 8 week internship
What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn't come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do.
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
If you are offered a job with us, you'll be subject to the relevant/standard employment checks, including: your right to work in the UK, reference, driving licence and identity check. Depending on your role, you may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Closing date: Sunday 14th April 2019
Start date: 1st July 2019