Water Regulations Officer Apprentice - South West Water - Exeter
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Gas, Heating & Hot Water
- Facility Services
An exciting opportunity has arisen within South West Water. You will work within our business in addition to a plumbing organisation. You will be provided with support to work towards becoming an independent Water Regulations Officer.
This apprenticeship requires you to apply through the employer's website.
The role includes carrying out inspections of pipe work and plumbing installations on customers commercial and domestic premises, to satisfy the requirements of statutory legislation.
You will create reports using specialist applications, Microsoft Windows and company programmes. Working at all times in accordance with department and company policies and procedures, maintaining water quality and protecting the environment.
Water Regulations apprenticeship role is available.
The core duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure that wholesome water quality supplied by the company is maintained in plumbing installations that it is not wasted, misused or unduly consumed
- Enforce the water supply (water fittings) Regulations 1999
- Carry out all tasks in such a way that contamination is prevented and to understand what action to take in the event of a contamination, suspected contamination or potential contamination
- Creation of enforcement notice details and the recording of necessary information on corporate databases and other media as required in compliance with company policy and procedures
- To undertake, at all times, a professional approach with customers, public authorities, other bodies and colleagues by working within the required levels of customer service
- Keeping up to date with current plumbing practices and changes within the field of Regulations enforcement
- Working as part of an integrated team, providing support and encouragement to other team members
- Provide support and technical advice to other departments
- Respond to technical enquiries and provide technical information where required
Monday to Friday 37 hour week 9-5
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
07 Nov 2017
There is the potential for progression and full time employment for the right candidate.
- Ability to plan and organise a daily work schedule
- Previous experience in working as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to read and interpret technical plans and drawings
- Customer focused
- The apprentice will be a proactive and flexible team worker who is customer focused, conscientious and self motivated
5 GCSEs or equivalent in Maths and English at grades A-C
Requirements and prospects
South West Water is part of Pennon Group PLC. We provide reliable, efficient and high quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall and Devon and in small areas of Dorset and Somerset.South West Water came into being in 1989 with the privatisation of the water industry. We inherited a water system suffering from a century of neglect but, thanks to the tireless work of our 1,300 employees, have brought the region's drinking water, sewerage systems and bathing waters into line with the stringent UK and European Union standards. This extensive programme of environmental improvement has resulted in some of the finest bathing waters in Europe, picturesque scenery and clean rivers with stunning wildlife.We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations.Application closed