Web and Software Developer Apprentice - Tottenham Court Road
Do you have:
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN?
ABILITY TO TAKE FEEDBACK?
PROPENSITY TO TAKE ACTION?
We call this #EEWAP, and if you are full of #EEWAP then an apprenticeship with Tech City Stars could be PERFECT for you!
WHAT DOES THIS JOB INVOLVE?
As a Tech City Stars Web and Software Development Apprentice, you will work within organisations that create software, websites, and applications that the world uses every day.
Working alongside some of the brightest minds in the tech sector, you’ll be part of teams that create websites, mobile applications, or build software that enable businesses to function.
Successful candidates will need to have a basic understanding of a coding language. This does not need to be too specific, but some proven knowledge of coding and the way it works is essential. We’re looking for people who can demonstrate their understanding of code by providing examples, such as HTML tags they’ve written, or a cascading style sheet that they’ve edited. Crucially, to do this job, you need to love CODE!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
The main duties and responsibilities of your role could include:
· Fixing bugs and managing issues that arise from development and scaling of a website
· Maintaining the quality of product information displayed to customers.
· Design support, including working in Photoshop to help produce promotional and editorial material
· Testing and troubleshooting software for quality assurance and fixing faults when required.
· Data testing or cleansing
· Analysing and Presenting data in a useful form for clients
· Answer, screen and transfer inbound telephone calls, take and pass on relevant messages and present an excellent image of the company in doing so.
· Resolve administrative problems and enquiries and give written and oral responses to routine enquiries received from external parties.
· Comply with company policies and procedures on Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and undertake relevant training in these areas to ensure competence and compliance.
· Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BE GOOD AT?
Our client would be particularly interested in candidates who are;
· Keen and willing to learn
· Team player
· Reliable, honest, smart in appearance
· Able to work as part of a team
· Able to remain calm under pressure
All you need is EEWAP – Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action.
You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Employer Partnerships team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
There’s tons of information on Tech City Stars, our qualifications and our process for helping young people to kickstart their careers on our website.
ABOUT TECH CITY STARS
Tech City Stars helps talented young people to start their careers through exciting apprenticeships with a focus on digital skills. Apprentices are able to choose from one of our three advanced apprenticeship pathways – Digital Marketing, IT Support & Networks and Web & Software Development. Once you’ve applied, we’ll work with you to understand which pathway is the best fit for your skills, personality and interests and then we’ll introduce you to employers looking for apprentices in that pathway.
Every week, Tech City Stars puts on an awesome event where employers come to meet a group of young people who are full of #EEWAP and who are looking for apprenticeships. The event lasts a full day, and every candidate gets the opportunity to meet and impress a group of awesome businesspeople who are looking to hire apprentices. After the event, employers invite successful candidates to work trials in their offices, and if that goes well – hey presto – YOU’RE AN APPRENTICE!Sign-up or log in to apply