This is an award winning Web Design agency based within the heart of Billericay, Essex, who specialise in Web Design, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Google Adwords (PPC). Using our proven formulas we build, promote and support our clients' websites ensuring success across the board.
Bird Marketing is looking for an enthusiastic Web Designer/Developer to join our expanding Digital Production team.
This role offers the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to cement their place within a great team and enhance their skills within an award-winning creative agency.
The role will be based in Billericay, CM12.
Main role and responsibilities
- Liaising with project managers and occasionally clients to fully understand the project briefs
- Exploring and researching new technologies to help keep us and our clients up to date with current trends and new technologies
- Building WordPress and Magento websites
- Building Framework systems on Laravel
- Troubleshooting problems and supporting clients
- A passion for the web development in general, with an outlook to deliver the best user experience to all website visitors
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Bird is a very fast-paced environment, so being able to deliver work on time is essential
- Close attention to detail, for the creation of pixel-perfect websites
- Ability to work to W3C standards is essential and all websites must fully optimised for search engines such as Google and Bing
Below is a list of the technologies you will be exposed to while at Bird. Don’t worry if you’re not familiar with all of them; if you have a grasp of a few then this role may be right for you:
- Node JS
- Framework experience
- Terminal/Command Line
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
8:30am - 5:30pm / 40hrs per week.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.