This is a leading independent off-grid energy provider based within North Yorkshire.
Serving homes and businesses in the North of England since 1932, the core markets that we serve are Domestic Heating Oil, Domestic LPG and Commercial LPG.
As a family run business, everyone who works for the company is part of a team that cares about what they do.
What is that exactly? Provide our customers with the best experience of a fuel delivery from depot to doorstep.
This is a fantastic level 4 opportunity
We are currently looking for a positive and upbeat team-player to drive progress and change within our IT department. The role is based just 10 minutes from Harrogate Town Centre, at the Head Office, in the beautiful countryside off the A59. The candidate will require car transportation and parking is available on-site.
The candidate will have a real opportunity to make a difference in the role, whether that is in the shape of improving the bottom line or growing the top line. Our success is shared by all employees.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to display their skill set within development and play an integral role in the companies success whilst progressing their personal ability and career.
The company have a range of web based technologies that require maintenance and development; two websites, a mobile application, back office software, SQL database reporting and they are currently looking at a CRM implementation. The role will involve understanding, documenting and automating key business processes as well as contributing to the support and development of the company’s IT platform as a whole.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Maintain and develop the current websites, fixing bugs, updating content
- Identifying processes which would benefit from automation.
- Work with other departments to develop and deliver software to automate those processes.
- Provide general development & support to the IT administrator for IT related issues (e.g. commissioning servers, managing backups, scripting reports, website changes )
- Using HTML & CSS to continue to build and implement company websites.
Desirable & Personal skills:
- HTML5 and CSS
- Knowledge of PHP code Laravel (desirable)
- Photoshop / Illustrator / Acrobat (desirable)
- Word / Excel / Access (strong ability)
- Cares about the job they do and how they achieve success.
- Positive approach to life and likes to use own initiative.
- Ability to form good working relationships
- Likes to succeed and achieve set targets
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to communicate at the correct level when dealing with internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team, on own initiative, under pressure and to deliver to deadlines
- Enquiring mind with an interest in how things work
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.