Code23 develop sites for brands, start-ups and established Businesses looking to take their online presence to the next level. They have just moved into beautiful new offices in Grazeley, just outside Reading (M4 Junction 11) where they have undergone a modern refit including Table football, VR, and chill out areas in a lovely rural location.
If you're a passionate and engaging and driven individual, this is an excellent opportunity to be part of the beating heart of the onsite team and make a real mark within the business as they grow.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Web Developer to join their small but growing, fast-paced digital agency. Working closely with the project managers and creative leads you will be responsible for building and maintaining WordPress based sites for a number of new and existing clients.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- Set up WordPress sites on a server, install, config, core plugins, etc.
- Updating and fixing WordPress related issues on a number of existing client sites
- Taking design concepts and using page builders to replicate this into WordPress
- Develop custom coded WordPress themes using our well tested methodologies
- Test your work on a wide variety of devices to deliver error free work
- Site speed optimisation work testing with Pingdom & GTMetrix
- Respond to client support needs via email
- Helping the team with additional technical knowledge
- Ability to jump into plugin code and fix issues
- Analyse and develop streamlined workflows
- Troubleshoot any and all issues with websites, hosting, plugins, etc.
- A passion for web/software development
- Able to follow instructions and complete tasks
Minimum 5 GCSE grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English.
As a growing agency you will have a real opportunity to help shape their future, and the role is only limited by your imagination and business acumen.
- Promotes an open, positive working environment, with a professional yet easy-going atmosphere
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Pension plan, including company contributions
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Annual profit share scheme
- Regular social activities based around significant company achievements.
- Coffee machine, tea, mineral water and fresh fruit
- Table Football, Xbox, VR and chill out areas to unwind
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.