Work Experience programme at PwC – Big Data Summer Camp
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Work Experience/Interns
- Accounting & Tax
- Banking and Finance
In this complex, internet enabled, 24/7 operating world, clients need our help to understand how data can drive greater insight, improve their business performance, and make them more competitive. Big Data represents a fundamental shift in business decision-making. Our clients are used to analysing internal data such as sales figures, staff levels and stock counts. Now they’re increasingly under pressure to analyse external data too. Understand customer sentiment through social media, competitor performance in local and global markets, and the supply chain risks and opportunities.
By using Big Data and Data Analytics we can help our clients generate incredible opportunities and gain competitive advantage.
PwC’s Big Data summer camp is a paid week-long training programme designed to provide you with the knowledge and experience required to prepare you for work in Big Data and the Technology sector. Choose to join Belfast, Birmingham or Leeds.
What you'll gain
- Understand more about the Big Data and Technology sector
- Learn theoretical and technical techniques used
- Work on real client challenges and case studies and simulations
- Gain a deep insight into the work we do, and problems we can help our clients solve
- Learn how big data is stored, processed and used
What you'll do
We’ll welcome you with a quick introduction to PwC and our Technology Practice. You’ll be setup with your laptop and you’ll get to meet other people doing the internship along with you, helping you make friends right from the start. From then onwards, you’ll dive straight into the exciting world of Big Data and Data Analytics.
Each day will be different, you’ll learn from some of our experts in this field who’ll give you an insight into how the skills you are developing are being implemented to help our clients use their data to gain a competitive edge.
On Day 5, you’ll use all your learnings from throughout the week and take part in a group challenge, are you up for it? You’ll be able to present in front of a panel of experts and we’ll also invite your parents/guardians in so you can show off your technical know-how.
The week will close with some pizza and soft drinks to celebrate.
What you need to get in
- Currently in year 12* and studying for AS levels or equivalent
- Passionate about taking your first steps towards a career in technology
- Available for a week during your summer holidays between years 12 and 13 from either 23 or 30 July
- You’ll need to be on course for a 96 UCAS tariff at A level (excluding general studies)
- You’ll need to have achieved a GCSE grade C in Maths and English
- Be committed to your career ambitions and able to explain to us why you want to join PwC on our Big Data summer camp
Closing date for applications - 28 Jan 2018
Who we are
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems for our clients. We tackle lots of different issues for loads of different organisations, entrepreneurs and private businesses. We help with big deals and big changes to their structures and businesses. We advise them on tax. We make sure they’re getting the most out of their IT. We help them plan ahead to manage risk, make sure they’re sustainable, and profitable.
We know that the skills and experiences you develop with us will stay with you throughout your career. So join PwC. We'll help you reach your full potential.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.
*Year 13 in NIApplication closed