Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Being an apprentice at Microsoft
As a Microsoft Apprentice you could start your career early, earn while you learn and gain valuable experience.
We don’t believe in the traditional notion of “work experience” either. At Microsoft you are given real responsibility from the outset, with an employment contract for the full duration of your Apprenticeship you really are part of the team.
As an apprentice at Microsoft you will:
- Join Microsoft fully supported by an apprentice buddy who you will meet before you join and a 3-week induction event;
- Be supported in your teams by your manager and fellow team members. Our managers are fully trained and ready to support you and your apprentice programme
- Be part of vibrant and inclusive apprentice community and can give back with our community programmes such as DigiGirls or SteamKidz;
- Be given a real job and responsibility. We love the impact our apprentices create in their jobs roles and the fresh thinking they bring;
- Be supported to be career curious. Microsoft is just the beginning. When you are coming to the end of your apprentice programme we support you with our Career Connections programme to help you secure your next career opportunity.
- Paid a competitive salary. As a Level 6 Degree Apprentice you will also be eligible for up to £3000 pay increase yearly based on your impact both in your job role and your apprentice programme.
Do you have a passion for working in a team focussed on learning and development? Are you a passionate, well organised confident communicator? Do you love working as part of a team to organise, plan and being proactive to support a team based all over the world?
If this is you Worldwide Learning Business Management Support Apprentice job role could be for you.
To support this job role, we are offering a Level 4 Junior Management Consultancy apprenticeship for this 2 year programme. We use the to grow the critical skills that you need in this role. You will spend time away from your job training and growing your knowledge to bring back into your job and apply all you have learnt. You will complete work-based assignments on this programme and the modules of the programme are aligned to what you will be doing in your day to day job role.
The Worldwide Learning Business Management Support Apprentice job role is a unique opportunity within the Worldwide Learning Team (WWL)
The WW Learning (WWL) organization’s mission inside Microsoft is to build an enthusiastic learning culture based on industry-leading innovation and aligned for measurable business impact. Learning is a critical lever to accelerate our company’s growth as a digital transformation leader, and to enable our customers, partners and our people to develop, achieve success, and thrive. We believe easily accessible learning is an essential part of a diverse and inclusive culture, and the core ingredient to helping people become their best personal and professional selves.
Within WWL, the EMEA Integrated learning and Field Engagement (ILFE) team is spread across geographies, covering the France, Central and Eastern Europe, Germany, the Middle East and Africa and Western Europe, as well as the United Kingdom. In each of these, and working in synergy, our team leads employee enablement, customer and partner learning, and the development of what we believe will be the workforce of the future, through the right level of inclusion, technical fluency and skills.
The WWL ILFE apprentice will work directly with the EMEA Learning and Enablement director, partnering closely with the UK Field Enablement Managers and their peers across the region.
- Act as a business manager to the team, helping to coordinate team meetings and rhythms by agreeing and shaping the agenda, taking notes and following up on actions. In the meeting and beyond, you will ensure every voice is heard and facilitate an effective coordination for optimal business result
- Help gather learner insights, through surveys, focus groups, the analysis of data and other appropriate means. Success will depend on the ability to identify the best way to obtain learners’ feedback, make it happen, and to gather relevant, meaningful, well structured and actionable insights by combining and comparing different sources.
- Facilitate the conversation with the Redmond-based headquarter, by gathering and structuring insights from across the regional team, working on messages and presentations, surfacing trends and insights and representing EMEA where appropriate.
- Partner closely with the EMEA Learning and Development director, assisting in defining priorities and following up with key stakeholders.
Who should apply?
At Microsoft we are all about your potential. We love apprentices who are a self-starter’s and have initiative. Being curious, great listening skills, and a hunger to learn about our business are a must.
To be successful in the job role and on the apprenticeship programme our experience tells us that you must be highly organised with an eye for detail. You will be a clear and confident communicator with great written and verbal skills. You will be an awesome organiser, methodical and able to deal with many different demands from different parts of our business.
You will have a Passion for learning and development is important to be successful in this role and be analytical love data.
Ideally you will be competent in using Microsoft solutions such as Microsoft Office, but we can help you learn quickly if you have the right potential for the job role.
5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English & 3 A Levels A*-C or equivalent qualifications