BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT is committed to supporting the advancement of digital technology and developing young talent, just like you. We are the professional awarding body for IT, when you become an apprentice you become a part of the wider digital community. Through your apprenticeship programme you can become a BCS member and we will support you with each step you take, through to your final assessment of your apprenticeship portfolio and throughout your professional career. As you progress, your membership status will provide you with credibility and recognition within business.
As the next digital generation, you can immediately become involved in our events, with access to the finest minds in industry, get involved in our young professionals group and even volunteer to mentor others as you progress through your journey, inspiring other young people into a career in digital IT.
We will provide you access to mentors in your chosen field, as well as a number of tools to help you take charge of your own career development:
- Soft skills eLearning: time management, mentoring, project management and Microsoft Offices courses
- CV building and writing with interview simulations and advice from hiring managers
- Personality assessments: personality type, resilience, assertiveness, workplace culture
- Self-development learning: Balancing work and life tips, recognising your skills and advice on starting a new internal role
- Career Management: bite size videos covering working towards promotion, mentoring, job changes and performance appraisal tips.
With so many exciting roles and career opportunities – the future is yours to take. www.bcs.org/apprenticeships