For many years, Halesowen College has held a reputation for high standards, an excellent learning environment and a caring, supportive sense of community. We offer exceptional support and opportunities for students making the transition from school to higher education or the career of their choice. Our convenient location benefits from extensive travel networks, so you can get to College and return home with ease.
The College appears consistently in the top 10% of colleges for examination performance. Our last Ofsted Inspection reported many strengths, including good academic support, leadership and the fact that all students are valued.
All students are treated as individuals for achieving their potential and gaining a sound foundation for the future.
In association with our long-standing partnerships with the University of Worcester and Newman University, we are committed to increasing participation and progression routes to higher education for the local community.
Our University Centre is an important step in extending pathways for students who would not otherwise be able to attain higher qualifications. It puts in place some outstanding facilities that allow students to tap into higher education study in the locality and utilise digital resources.
Students in the second year of advanced programmes are able to embark on selected undergraduate units with partner universities to help prepare them for transition to higher education.
Halesowen College offers an exciting range of Apprenticeships for School and College leavers and adults who want to take their first steps towards a rewarding career.
Higher Apprenticeships are an alternative to University for students progressing from A Levels and Level 3 vocational qualifications. With the average debt of new university graduates quoted around £43,000, it makes sense to explore other options before embarking on a full-time degree course.
Higher Apprenticeships Offered at Halesowen College:
- Business and Professional Administration
- IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities
If you choose an Apprenticeship programme you will:
- Spend part of the week at College and the rest of the time in the workplace
- Gain a recognised qualification, which is tailored to suit your work environment
- Earn while you learn
- Have the support of College staff, who regularly review your progress and may help you find employment
The duration of the Apprenticeship depends on the subject studied, the level of the programme and your previous experience/skills.
You will also benefit from:
- Exciting College Progression Routes, including Higher Level Apprenticeships with professional bodies such as AAT
- Expert advice and guidance about careers and higher education, including Finance
- Following successful completion, the majority of Apprentices stay in employment, with a third receiving a promotion within 12 months and many more taking on more responsibility in their role’. (Research conducted by NAS)
Our Apprenticeships Team works with local employers looking to recruit apprentices and will work with you to help and support you to secure employment. They will continue to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.