Motofix Accident Repair Centres
The Motofix Group is one of the UK’s leading independent regional vehicle accident repair and Bodyshop groups. We currently have the capacity to repair 16,000 cars each year and the company has plans for further growth. With repair centres in 8 counties across the South of England, Motofix branches can be found in Buckinghamshire, Devon, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire and Somerset. We aim to be the repairer of choice, where customers enjoy consistently high levels of service.
Motofix is a specialist all brand accident repair network and holds 14 manufacturer approvals including Audi, Volkswagen, Mercedes, Peugeot and others. We have over 240 employees with an annual turnover in excess of £25 million. Our customers include Europe’s leading insurers such as LV, management companies such as Auxillis and Enterprise as well as individuals who come in with a vehicle for repair.
Motofix has been running our apprenticeship scheme for a number of years in order to ‘grow our own talent’ to prepare the industry’s next generation in accident repair skills. Apprentices will train on block release (for a week at a time) at Thatcham Automotive Academy in Berkshire and Babcock Automotive Training in Milton Keynes to gain recognised industry qualifications. Each learner will be supported at work by a Senior Manager Mentor, a work buddy and our regional Apprentice Co-ordinator, as well as a peer group of other apprentices in branch.
This year, we are offering apprenticeships in
- MET (Mechanical, Electrical and Trim) - You will identify damaged mechanical electrical and trim components on a range of vehicles where you will learn to remove and refit these components before and after body repair work has been carried out.
- Panel / Body Repair – You will repair and replace body components to damaged vehicles so they are restored to their pre-accident condition as well as being trained on how to use specialist body repair equipment.
- Paint – You will prepare, paint spray and finish vehicles so they are restored to their pre-accident condition.
- Multi-skill Apprenticeship – This combines all three disciplines MET, Panel/Body repair and Paint, for young people who may already have some automotive work experience and are ready to take on formal training for a recognized qualification.
- Office Administration - You will work alongside our front of house team, parts controller and vehicle damage estimating department providing administrative and customer service support.
In partnership with both Thatcham Technical Academies and Babcock (who are at the forefront of the latest vehicle technology and training in the motor industry), we have created an apprentice programme designed to create the most skilled employees. Each apprentice will receive unrivalled support throughout the whole process with a work buddy and external mentor to guide them. We are offering Apprenticeship placements at most sites - please refer to the vacancy listings for specific details.