Northumbria University, Newcastle
Northumbria University, Newcastle creates and applies knowledge that transforms lives and makes powerful cultural and economic impact. We have a thriving research community that conducts ground-breaking research and a track record of creating successful, multidisciplinary partnerships which enable us to constantly search for new ways to challenge, innovate and improve.
The result is improved rankings in national league table, staff and student awards, professional accreditations, exciting new partnerships and successful research funding bids. So, all in all, it’s no wonder we’re getting a reputations as ‘the one to watch’…read the below to see why we think you should choose Northumbria…
- Northumbria’s library achieved the 2nd highest score in the UK (Times Higher Education, Student Experience Survey 2015)
- Top 50 in the UK for research power and recognised by the Times Higher Education as having the biggest rise in research power of any university in the country (Research Excellence Framework 2015).
- 94% of our students are in work or further study six months after graduation (UK DHLE Survey 2014-15).
- Gain more than just a degree to help you get that all-important job after graduation – placement, work abroad, volunteering and part-time work opportunities can all help you build up your CV and your confidence.
- Northumbria works with major employers including; Nike, IBM, Nissan, Proctor & Gamble, BBC, and the NHS, while more than 560 employers and 60 professional bodies sponsor or accredit the University’s programmes.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial, we are also ranked fourth in the UK for graduate business start-ups.
- With one in six residents in Newcastle being a student, city life truly does revolve around you! So, it’s no wonder Northumbria University, Newcastle has been voted the best place for student life four times in the past six years (MSN Travel 2009-11 and WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2014). Packed with pubs and clubs, Newcastle is more than a great night out. Boasting a combination of culture, rich history, fantastic coastlines and sporting passion, Newcastle can rival any city in the world.
- Our student accommodation is also ranked in the Top 5 by the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2014.