Royal Air Force Engineering
Today’s modern Royal Air Force is the UK’s aerial, peacekeeping and fighting force. It’s made up of impressive full-time Regulars and spare-time Reserves who come from diverse backgrounds and work side-by-side to make a difference at home and abroad.
RAF Engineers play a vital role in allowing the RAF and wider Defence to deliver its outputs. Engineer Technicians ensure the maintenance operation of highly technical equipment, be it aircraft, support equipment or the wide range of information systems which a modern Air Force needs to operate successfully.
Regardless of role, gender, age, background or qualifications, we offer:
• 9 Apprenticeship careers in engineering roles ranging from Aircraft Mechanic to Cyberspace Communication Technician which are all Ofsted OUTSTANDING accredited.
• World-class training and ongoing development on cutting edge technology
• A highly competitive benefits package including subsidised food and accommodation, free medical and dental healthcare and six weeks paid holiday a year
• The ability to see and stay in touch with your friends and family, while also forging new friendships
• Sporting opportunities and facilities
• The opportunity to be part of an organisation that is a Top 100 Apprenceship Employer and the Apprenticeship Macro Employer of the Year 2017.
Recruiting for roles all year round, the RAF is taking applications for roles from 15 years and 9 months old to your 30th birthday. 36 for Cyberspace Communications Specialist
The RAF Engineering apprenticeship roles are Aircraft Mechanic, Aircraft Avionics Mechanic, Weapons Technician, Cyberspace Communication Specialist, Communications Infrastructure Technician, Vehicle and Equipment Technician, Electrician, General Technician Workshops and Survival Equipment Specialist.
This really is No Ordinary Job!
“For more info on our exciting engineering opportunities our brochure is here”