Travis Perkins PLC
The Travis Perkins Group is the UK’s foremost company in the builders' merchant and home improvement market, and the UK’s largest supplier to the building and construction industry. The Group operates 17 businesses from 1,900 sites across the UK, and employs nearly 24,000. We’re able to offer a wealth of career and development opportunities in everything from branch operations to leading-edge IT, sales and marketing to world-class supply chain.
If you join the Travis Perkins Group, you will become part of a people business, one that is built on relationships. Our branch and store locations can have fewer than five people in a team, or more than 50. Wherever you are in our business, we always put our people first, rewarding performance and building careers. That’s why we’ve been recognised as one of Britain’s Top Employers since 2010.
Approximately 13% of our current workforce is aged 24 and under, and can be found in full-time and part-time branch operational roles, entry level roles in our head office functions, a variety of apprenticeship and graduate schemes, degree sandwich year placements and internships throughout the Group. We are committed to working closely with every single one of them to develop their skills and, where appropriate help them obtain nationally recognised qualifications that will help them realise their potential in our business.
Working for the Travis Perkins Group right now is very exciting, and extremely challenging. We’re looking for a positive attitude in everything you do – real enthusiasm. Whether it’s in relation to a customer or a colleague, you are the type of person who always backs up their words with action. Of course, the skills you can bring to the group are important too. We’ll help you develop them whenever we can. But it’s your attitude that makes you the right sort of person to work for us.
We're building better, together.
- We have 1900 sites across the UK, that’s 700 more than McDonalds!
- Across our brands, we supply every product needed to build a house; from drainage to roof tiles, flooring to ceilings, kitchens to bathrooms and everything in between.
- We have supplied materials to help build some of the most iconic buildings in the UK including; The Shard, The Olympic Park and Wembley Stadium.
- Businesses across the Group sell 12,000 products every working minute
- The weight of everything we sell in a year is roughly equivalent to Ben Nevis, the UK’s biggest mountain!
- We have more trucks on the road than Eddie Stobbart and our vehicles contain some of the most sophisticated and technological equipment in the industry.
- We are one of only 12 FORS Gold standard members. FORS (Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme) recognises the highest levels of safety, efficiency and environmental responsibility for fleet operators, and the Gold Standards means that we can demonstrate those credentials to our existing and potential customers.
- Travis Perkins Group drivers make in the region of 20 million deliveries per year and clock up an estimated 108 million kilometres in doing so. That's almost 141 return trips to the moon.
- We have 13 distribution centres around the UK, the largest is based at Brackmills in Northampton and covers over 500,000 square feet.