College Courses

Laura Barden

Teaching Assistant

Posted: 10/08/15 by Laura Barden

up 0 down

I want to become a Teaching Assistant, however I currently have no qualifications or experience. I was wondering what course is best? Also if I need a placement how do I go about getting this and what is the success rate? Many thanks

Sign-up or log in to reply
  • NGtU Career Advisor

    Hi Laura

    The most direct route into this job is through an apprenticeship. Another option is to do a level 3 diploma course in something like Health and Social Care. After that you can start an apprenticeship or go for a normal job.

    For either option you will need to demonstrate that you have had some experience working with children so you should try to do something on a voluntary basis at a local school, nursery or youth group.

    If you would like to research vacancies on apprenticeships you should visit the official Find an Apprenticeship web site and do a search using "teaching assistant" as your keyword.

    For finding possible full time college courses you could visit the site of your local FE college or do a search on UCAS Progress or on this official site .

    Hope that help!


    up 0 down

Cookies: By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more details see our cookie policy.