What can I do?
Posted: 02/06/15 by Steph Ponter
I have just completed a Health and Social Care Level 3 course at Sixth Form achieving distinstion distinstion *. I have no idea what I can do with this and where it could lead me to. I have looked into apprenticeships but they are something I am not really interested in as I have already gained level 3. It would be great if I could get some advice on what I can do with this qualification.
Your qualification is suitable for people working in the following roles:
• Senior care assistants/support workers/key workers in a residential setting
• Senior healthcare assistants/support workers in community and primary care environments
• Senior healthcare assistants/support workers in acute health environments
• Senior care assistants/support workers/key workers in domiciliary services
• Senior care assistants/support workers/key workers in day services
• Senior support workers in supported living projects
• Community-based senior care assistants/support workers/key workers including those working in specialist areas e.g. dementia, learning disabilities
• Personal assistants employed directly by the individual they support or their families
• Emerging new types of workers and multidisciplinary health roles crossing traditional service barriers
So you need to figure out which kind of health care/social care setting you are best suited to and then go ahead and apply for advertised vacancies.
There is more information via these links:
One word of caution: in some areas you might have no choice but to apply for apprenticeships if this is the only entry route for new recruits!
- Posted: 03/06/15