Jessica Palmer

What is the best for me...

Posted: 09/04/15 by Jessica Palmer

up 0 down

I am currently at university and have completed my first year but the realisation that this is not what I want to be doing has been on my mind for quite a few months now. I have a level 3 extended diploma in health and social care and would love to go into nursery, nursing or within that sector . I have no idea the best way around it though and what routes are possible to take, especially with the qualification I already have.

Sign-up or log in to reply
  • NGtU Career Advisor

    Hi Jessica

    Nursery assistants and nursery nurses work in a range of settings within education and the health service. Your diploma is clearly relevant but is not a fully recognised qualification for early years work. So you will need to get a training position and work towards one of the recognised qualifications. Many people do this through an apprenticeship although you will see jobs advertised which are not apprenticeships.

    Hopefully you have recent experience of child care (paid or voluntary) as your application is unlikely to be taken seriously without this.

    Try doing a search on the official Find an Apprenticeship website
    to see what’s available in your local area. Just use the keyword "nursery". Also, read more here about how to find an apprenticeship.

    You can also do a keyword search on the NHS Jobs website.

    Useful info:



    up 0 down

Cookies: By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more details see our cookie policy.