Optical, Opticians and Eye Care Apprenticeships and Traineeships for London and the UK
The eye care industry is strong and stable and the need for professionals in the optical market is costantly growing. Therefore, joining an optician course or getting an optical assistant training job can give you a lot of satisfaction from both a personal and professional point of view. There are many different career paths for apprentices, such as optician retail manager or more technical roles like the optometrist. The more advanced the optical apprenticeships and courses are, the more technical skills you get - and the greater your earning power.
Among the many aspects tackled by the optician courses and optical assistant training jobs listed below, you will learn to:
- assist the customers and provide them suggestions on glasses styles, frames and lens/contact lens types
- take measurements to set, fit and better position frames on customers' faces
- advise customers when they need upgrades and adjustments on lenses they are getting
- train customers on how to take care and wear contact lenses
- interpret optical descriptions written by ophthalmologists and optometrists
- manage stock and projects on the shop floor
- double-check the quality of the spectacles delivered by the external manufacturers to see if they meet the customers' required specifications
- supervise new apprentices and people on training
Optician course and apprenticeships vacancies at notgoingtouni: regularly updated lists of the latest optical opportunities from employers and colleges throughout England, Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland.
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to introduce you to the world of Optical Retailing. We’ll support you every step of the way with a…
Health and Social Care